The murder of George Floyd and fatal shooting of Rayshard Brooks and Breonna Taylor are the latest examples of an unarmed Black citizens killed at the hands of police. These lay bare the racial injustice present in the United States. The ensuing public outcry seems different; Is it really? Is real systemic change possible? And, what is the role of nonprofits in creating a more equitable and just society? This webinar will explore these questions and much more.
- Paul Clolery (Editor-in-Chief, The NonProfit Times)
- Naomi Wadler (Student/Activist)
- Marc H. Morial (President & CEO, National Urban League)
- Ben Jealous (President & CEO, People For The American Way)
- Brian A. Gallagher (President & Chief Executive Officer, United Way Worldwide)
- Kristen Clarke (President & Executive Director, The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law)
- Thomasina “Tomi” Hiers (Vice President, Center for Civic Sites and Community Change, Annie E. Casey Foundation)