St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is partnering with a variety of brands to highlight its 2020 St. Jude Thanks and Giving campaign in a COVID-challenged economy.
Now in its 17th year, the Memphis, Tenn.-based organization’s campaign will feature artists including Jennifer Aniston, Michael Strahan, Luis Fonsi, Sofía Vergara, Yara Shahidi and more than 50 national brands. The goal is to share the St. Jude mission and encourage online and in-store shoppers.
The event raised $122 million last year and more than $1 billion since its inception, according to data from the nonprofit.
In recognition of social distancing requirements within retail establishment, St. Jude has created in-store collateral to spur donations without requiring direct personal contact. The new material includes markers for in-store barriers and floor markers, special QR codes placed strategically throughout retail outlets and inserts for delivery and curbside pickup items.
During its current campaign, brand partners are fundraising for the Thanks and Giving campaign in a variety of ways, including:
- Best Buy has embraced many in-store channels. The electronics retailer recently exceeded $100 million in fundraising for St. Jude;
- Domino’s has committed to raising $100 million during the next decade to help fund construction of The Domino’s Village, a new patient housing facility. The pizza chain also added augmented reality holiday-focused patient art to some of its box toppers;
- FTD created a holiday-themed floral arrangement, with a portion of the sales going to St. Jude;
- HomeGoods is offering a start-up gift for every Facebook participant who launches a fundraiser for St. Jude as of Nov. 16, up to $50,000. The home furnishing chain is also offering a selection of collectable snow globes, the sales of which benefit St. Jude;
- Joann, the fabric and crafts chain, is offering print fabric that features St. Jude patient artwork;
- Kay Jewelers and Jared the Galleria of Jewelry are offering plush bears and dogs; and,
- Pottery Barn has created special candle pots, superhero ornaments and a heart pillow and throw set.