Linda Woolley has resigned as president and CEO of the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) in New York City. She leaves after less than two years at the organization’s helm and was the DMA’s fourth CEO in as many years. The Board of Directors appointed Tom Benton as interim CEO/COO and Jane Be… Read More »
A former college fundraising executive and Iowa state representative will become the next president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP). The Falls Church, Va.-based association announced this afternoon that it has hired Steven W. Churchill, execu… Read More »
The opening of the latest Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in Norfolk, Va., this weekend will be the second to open this year, leaving The Salvation Army with two of the 27 centers left to unveil. Approved to receive funds to build a Kroc Center in 2005, The Salvation Army Hampton Roads A… Read More »
The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) revoked the charter of one of its Seattle affiliates after the group refused to remove an openly gay Scoutmaster from his leadership position, potentially setting up another showdown on the role of gay members in the Scouts. BSA has found a new organization to spon… Read More »
Click here to see the complete list of the 2014 Best Nonprofits to Work For. We also conducted exclusive audio interviews with some of the winners, which you can listen to by clicking here. Ask almost anyone who works at a nonprofit to tell you the best part about working there and the answer ge… Read More »
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is likely to go back to the drawing board with new regulations on political activity of 501(c)(4) social welfare organizations. IRS Commissioner John Koskinsen was quoted in USA Today that the tax enforcement agency is likely to re-write the proposal rules and agai… Read More »
- NPT’s Best Nonprofits To Work For 2014
- Detroit Nonprofit To Subsidize Public Sector Training Program
- What staff expects from the CEO
- Nonprofits Offer Mixed Bag Of Health Plans
- World Vision Reverses: Won’t Recognize Employee Gay Marriage
- Nonprofits To Add Staff, Don’t Budget For Recruitment
- World Vision To Recognize Employees’ Same-Sex Marriages
- 3 steps to finding better staff members
- Human Services Groups Collaborate To Survive
- Small Organization Execs Gets Large Percentage Hikes
- The 2014 Best Nonprofits To Work For
- Purchase Our 2014 Salary And Benefits Report
Accounting Software Special Report 2013
Presented by Serenic Software
- Check Out The NPT Blog For News And Tips!
- The 2011 Giving USA Report
- NPT's Power and Influence Top 50
- The NonProfit Times' 50 Best Nonprofits To Work For 2013
- The NPT 100 2013
- Subscribe to The NonProfit Times print or Digital editions
- 2012 Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations New York State Salary and Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Salary Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Benefits Report
- Purchase 2011 Back issues of Print Magazine
- Purchase 2012 Back issues of Print Magazine
A New Jersey-based telemarketer has agreed to pay New York State $50,000 for soliciting funds from charities after being banned from doing business in the state.
Active management of endowments is positively related to greater returns in U.S. equities over time. “An active manager is trying to beat the index by making decisions to try and deviate from the index,” said David Belmont, CFA, chief risk officer at Commonfund Institute, Wilton, Conn.
Americans who read the Bible give more than Americans who don’t — roughly $500 more per year, on average. Bible readers donated a median $600 to nonprofits during 2013, compared to a median of $100 for non-Bible-readers. The more someone is engaged with the Bible, the more they give, with those reporting the highest level of engagement donating a median $1,500, versus $30 for non-readers.
What’s keeping the fundraisers of the Association of Fundraising Professional – Greater Philadelphia Chapter (AFP-GPC) – up at night? According to a new survey, it’s everything from board members not raising money to finding new donors.
The Conference of Southwest Foundations, the oldest association of grantmakers in the United States, announced it is rebranding as Philanthropy Southwest.View More Featured Articles