Nominate Your Own .ORG or Your Favorite Today!
The .ORG community has earned a well-deserved reputation for making a difference online. The new .ORG Impact Awards (OIA) program (sponsored by Public Interest Registry) recognizes and celebrates the fantastic things .ORGs are doing to make a significant and positive impact on the world around them.
The award submission period is now open to .ORGs of all types—from individuals to large corporations, and small community groups to multinational NGOs. Submissions will be accepted through Friday, July 12, 2019.
Unlike other industry award programs, The .ORG Impact Awards does not seek to profit from submissions. In fact, winning individuals and organizations will receive up to $5,000 in a monetary contribution to the nonprofit of their choice. What’s more, finalists will receive two complimentary invitations to attend The .ORG Impact Awards Ceremony at The Watergate Hotel in Washington, D.C. on October 10, 2019. This invitation only, semi-formal event will be an elegant evening affair with a networking cocktail reception, followed by a seated dinner with entertainment and award presentations. Finalists in the “Individual” category also will be offered travel assistance.
Why Should .ORGs Apply?
The .ORG Impact Awards celebrate purpose-driven achievements of the .ORG community. Each nomination will be reviewed by an esteemed judging panel comprised of leaders in the Internet, nonprofit, and marketing sectors. Potential benefits include:
- Receiving up to a $5,000 contribution for the winning non-profit or an NGO organization of their choice;
- Attending a celebratory gala event in Washington, D.C. to receive the award and hear remarks from industry leaders;
- Receiving a custom award as well as a dedicated logo mark for finalists and winners to promote their achievements;
- Featuring the winner in highlighted .ORG digital platforms throughout the year, including articles, videos, social posts, and more;
- Raising the profile of the .ORG to increase the potential of partnership development, talent acquisition and audience reach; and
- Providing additional validation to their programs that can help build, strengthen and fund them in the future.
Individual Awards honor the contribution of an individual to their organization or the broader sector:
- Innovator Award
- Rising Star Award
- Outstanding Volunteer
Sector Awards recognize organizational and team accomplishments:
- .ORG Nonprofit of the Year
- .ORG Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Program of the Year
- .ORG Community Group of the Year
Initiative Awards celebrate achievement in a specific online niche area:
- Best Social Media Campaign
- Top #GivingTuesday Campaign
- Outstanding Online Fundraising Campaign
- Outstanding Microsite
- Outstanding Website Redesign
- Best Integrated Communications Campaign
- Best Use of Partnerships/Celebrity Endorsements
- Outstanding Multimedia Content
- Outstanding Community Relations Campaign
“The .ORG Impact Awards is an opportunity to convene organizations of all types and sizes from around the world to learn from each other, celebrate each other’s accomplishments and strengthen the work being done through .ORG to make the world a better place,” said Jon Nevett, president and CEO of Public Interest Registry. He also added, “The mission- and affinity-driven .ORG community is vast, diverse and incredibly innovative in how it harnesses the power of the Internet to improve the lives of people near and far, and we’re thrilled to shine a spotlight on these accomplishments to help strengthen these stellar .ORGs for the future.”
All award entries must be submitted through a form on The .ORG Impact Awards’ secure online platform and should highlight activities occurring between June 1, 2018 and June 1, 2019. Nominators may submit to more than one category or subcategory, but each submission must be original. All submissions must be in English and there is no cost for submission.
For official eligibility criteria and rules of The .ORG Impact Awards program, as well as submission requirements, deadlines and judging information, please view and download the official OIA 2019 Entry Kit.
The .ORG Impact Awards is intended as a positive and inspiring experience for not only the .ORG community, but everyone who supports and works toward a better world. The program was created to celebrate good things happening on the Internet, and it is our hope that you will join us in this worthwhile endeavor. Good luck!
If you have any questions, we would love to hear from you. Please email us at email@example.com.