Just like your Thanksgiving plate is more than just turkey, your fundraising is comprised of more than just individual donations. Diversifying your fundraising with crowdfunding provides the “fixings” for your holiday plate and revenue growth for your organization.
- At a recent fundraising conference in Washington, D.C., panelists shared their experiences and successes in crowdfunding. Here are some ideas:
- Corporate partnerships with firm ambassadors organizing short, 1-8 week campaigns create an excellent alternative to in-kind donations and engage both current and new corporate partners.
- 20+ company ambassadors that partnered with Bread for the City have organized five fundraisers during the past five years. First year donors often become second year organizers.
- Encourage your staff to organize their own fundraisers. Not only does it keep your entire staff informed about programs and teach the basics of fundraising, but it increases employee morale.
- Create “Give Back Days” and other events with local businesses to foster community support.
- Encourage active individual donors and volunteers to hold their own fundraisers too. Tapping into a current donor’s network allows you to seek out new potential donors.