There’s been a lot of talk about mobile lately. To be fair, the chatter has been going on for a few years, but it finally appears we’re approaching a tipping point.
There are three reasons you need a mobile site. And, you need it now.
1. Search volume is shifting. The chart below (courtesy of eMarketer) shows how U.S. search volume has shifted significantly since 2011. Mobile is expected to be on par with desktop in 2015, and exceed desktop volume by 2016.
2. Donor behavior is shifting . A year-over-year digital trend data compiled from a group of nonprofits from 2013 – 2014, showed:
* 35% year-over-year increase in web traffic going to mobile devices
* 42% year-over-year increase in donations made from mobile devices
* 28% year-over-year increase in revenue generated via mobile device transactions
These are huge shifts. As total mobile consumption increases, these trends will only get bigger.
3. Consumers will punish you for a poor mobile experience . Research shows that 50% of all mobile users have completely ditched a brand because of a poor mobile experience. They didn’t just quit that particular interaction with a brand, they entirely stopped engaging with those brands.
With such significant shifts to mobile, can you really afford to sit this one out?