Promoting safety in the workplace requires an intelligent, planned approach. Prioritizing injury types that need to be addressed is important to the process.
In the book “Grass Roots Injury Prevention,” the authors emphasize just what the title says, Grass Roots Injury Prevention (GRIP). These factors need to be addressed:
- How frequent is the injury?
- How severe is the injury?
- What is the risk group involved?
- Are there any successful, low-cost interventions in other communities?
- Can our community afford the interventions?
- Are the interventions culturally acceptable?
- Are the interventions in line with government policies and the legal system?