News & Articles
Tributes on the passing yesterday of Nelson Mandela are numerous. His impact on social justice worldwide will be felt for generations. Here are some of the tributes being released within the charitable sector through direct statements, website announcements, Twitter and other social media.
While the rollout of the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) healthcare marketplaces has been marred by technical glitches on the national website, nonprofit health insurance co-ops established by the law are experiencing modest success.
Nonprofits were owed more than $200,000, on average, for services provided to state governments during 2012 and nearly a third of nonprofits reported receiving late payments from governments, according to a new survey.
Giving to evangelical churches and ministries largely outperformed secular charities between 2011 and 2012, according to a new report released by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA).
Online donations for #GivingTuesday through four of the nonprofit sector’s larger payment processors totaled more than $27 million, according to preliminary estimates. Their totals were slightly more than $12 million last year.
Nonprofits around the nation have taken to social media, email and most any avenue available today to push charitable giving during the second annual #GivingTuesday. It has trended in first place on Twitter for most of the day.
Individual giving to charities would drop by more than 4 percent overall if the charitable deduction were capped at 28 percent for the nation’s highest earners, but secular giving would dip by more than 7 percent as a result.
Americans can once again proudly shout “we’re number one.” Not only did the United States regain the top spot in the World Giving Index, it did so by posting the highest score in the survey’s history.
Charitable giving grew 2.3 percent for the three months ending October 2013 and online giving grew almost 10 percent, compared with the same period in 2012.
Current Print Edition
December 2, 2013Table Of Contents
See what you are missing in this issue…
In The News
Featured VideoView More Videos
- Learn About Our Salary and Benefits Reports
Accounting Software Special Report 2013
Presented by Serenic Software
- Check Out The NPT Blog For News And Tips!
- The 2011 Giving USA Report
- NPT's Power and Influence Top 50
- Subscribe to Free NPT E-Newsletters
- The NonProfit Times' 50 Best Nonprofits To Work For 2013
- The NPT 100 2013
- Subscribe to The NonProfit Times print or Digital editions
- 2012 Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations New York State Salary and Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Salary Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Benefits Report
- Purchase 2011 Back issues of Print Magazine
- Purchase 2010 Back issues of Print Magazine