Featured Nonprofit Job Of The Week: Executive Director
October 1, 2014 The NonProfit Times
As the job market continues to recover from the mess that was the Great Recession, more high quality jobs are becoming available. The latest featured nonprofit job on our Career Center is no exception to this trend.
The Claremont Community Foundation (CCF) in Claremont, Calif., is seeking a new Executive Director to lead the organization. Like most EDs, this position will be responsible for overall management and administration of the organization. The chosen candidate will also develop CCF’s strategic direction, in consultation with the Board; establishes policies, procedures and initiatives to fulfill its mission. The one thing that sets this job apart from others is that it will start off as a part-time position, with the opportunity for additional hours to be added given satisfactory performance.
Other responsibilities include:
- Expands and manages CCF’s relationships with donors, Board members, professional advisers, community leaders and nonprofit organizations throughout the Claremont Community, with the goal of increasing CCF’s philanthropic assets.
- Establishes strong partnerships in the community with individuals and with Claremont’s many nonprofit organizations.
- Directs CCF’s major events and annual fund drive, all of which yield income for grants to community nonprofit organizations.
- Manages CCF’s finances.
- Supervises a part-time administrative assistant as well as community volunteers.
- Ensures that CCF’s information technology infrastructure effectively supports the needs of the Foundation.
Head to the NPT Jobs Career Center for more information about this job.