Now that Easter is over it’s time to get back to the job search. Looking for work after a relaxing weekend isn’t the most enjoyable thing in the world but we at The NonProfit Times have something to make the search a little easier: A new featured nonprofit job.
The PACE Center for Girls in Gainesville, Fla., is looking to hire an Executive Director to head up its operations. The chosen candidate will be expected to be proficient in multiple areas of management including finance, human resources, development, governance, leadership, and advocacy. With that in mind, here are some of the many duties the Executive Director will be expected to perform:
- Advocate for the needs of girls in the local community;
- Provide opportunities for growth and development of staff;
- Create an adaptable learning environment for agency, staff and volunteers;
- Manage Center finances within approved budget;
- Prepare budgets that have solid assumptions for the future and is in compliance with Board policy;
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain and grow community supporters and donors;
- Ensure program operates in compliance with DJJ, School Board and grant contracts;
- Influence and and leads the board to operate within the center board guidelines; and,
- Work closely with the Board to develop strategic plans that include both long-term and short-term priorities.
Successful candidates should have a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Social Services, Education, Non-Profit Management, as well as 7-10 years of experience managing multiple programs in a child serving agency, preferably in an at-risk environment.
Do you think you have what it takes to be PACE Center’s Executive Director? Head to the NPT Jobs Career Center for a full description of the position and application instructions.