Featured Nonprofit Job Of The Week: Development Director
February 4, 2014 The NonProfit Times
Are you a fundraising expert who is currently having trouble finding a quality nonprofit job? Then look no further than the newest featured position on our career center: Development Director at Compassion and Choices.
The chosen candidate for this position will oversees all aspects of fundraising and membership for Compassion & Choices. S/he exemplifies the best qualities of Compassion & Choices and reflects the highest standards of enthusiastic personal and professional fund-raising conduct, and will grow a national development/membership structure and pursue income-producing programs (with a robust emphasis on special $100,000+, major and planned gifts) that sustain and aggressively advance a multi-million dollar annual budget.
Other primary responsibilities of the Development Director include:
- Model effective fundraising through personal and active management, solicitation and stewardship of a national portfolio of approximately 100 major and special gifts donors.
- Support, in coordination with Individual Giving Manager, the efforts of board and advisory committee members in fundraising.
- Vigorously heightening the organization’s visibility and credibility in philanthropic communities to expand the base of support.
- Plan, implement and evaluate all fund-raising programs, manage staff and produce annual budgets to achieve annual strategic plan objectives.
- Expand existing base of over 50,000 members and supporters through integrated direct marketing campaigns.
- Expand existing estate and charitable gift annuity activities into a full-service planned giving program lead by the Planned Giving Director.
Want to learn more about this position? Head to the NPT Jobs Career Center for more information, including qualifications and application instructions.