ASAE Seeks Leadership Nominations
January 23, 2015 The NonProfit Times
ASAE – The Center for Association Leadership is accepting applications for open positions on the ASAE and ASAE Foundation Board of Directors to help lead the association dedicated to advancing the profession of association management.
There are six open positions: Secretary-Treasurer and five At Large Directors (four At Large and one Industry Partner). All directors selected will serve on the ASAE Board and two of the four selected will also serve on the ASAE Foundation Board.
ASAE and the ASAE Foundation value and seek diverse leadership as defined by race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, appearance, geographic location, professional level, etc. It seeks leaders from all types and sizes of eligible organizations.
Interested parties should contact Carole Murray, CAP-OM, senior director, executive division & board operations, at email@example.com. Nominations must be received no later than April 17.
The Leadership Committee has identified a number of desired attributes that will be part of the selection process for new board members. Applicants should possess:
- Demonstrated leadership commitment and involvement with ASAE, the ASAE Foundation, and the nonprofit community, such as, service on an ASAE committee, section council, commission, task force and/or having obtained the CAE credential.
- Recognized leader in the association community, such as, serving as chair of an Allied Society; ASAE committee, section council, commission or task force; or philanthropic organizations.
- Relevant expertise in the disciplines of organizational management, including branding, fundraising, component relations, finance, international and strategic alliances.
- Commitment to participate in three to four board meetings a year. In addition, board members are asked to provide financial support to the ASAE Foundation, Association Political Action Committee (APAC), The Power of A Fund (previously AAA – Associations Advance America – Fund), and special events and/or campaigns.
- Positive leadership attributes, emotional intelligence, ability to work collaboratively and engage in appropriate debate and discussion when needed, and visionary and strategic drive.
- Demonstrated ability of new and innovative programs within their sphere of influence. For example, incorporating strategy, leadership, future focus, risk taking and an entrepreneur spirit.