News & Articles
Fundraising in response to Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines surpassed $100 million within two weeks of the disaster and was approaching the $200-million mark after the first 30 days.
Fewer than one in three U.S. colleges and universities received a publicly-announced million-dollar donation between 2000 and 2012. The institutions that did shared some characteristics, such as long presidential tenure, national ranking and institutional age.
Shiloh Stark, chief digital officer at Amnesty International (AI) in Washington, D.C., was unhappy six months ago when he looked at the organization’s website traffic from mobile devices. There were an impressive number of visitors from mobile users but the visitors who made a gift through their donation page were considerably fewer.
When skepticism seems to be a common element in a fundraising campaign to a list of purchased names, the top professional fundraisers are in their element. It’s what they expect, and it’s why proficient fundraisers know how to push the hot buttons … buttons that match the Internet era of informational oversupply.
Russ Reid, a direct marketing guru and founder of the agency that bears his name, died on Saturday in his Sierra Madre, Calif., home. According to Russ Reid Chairman Tom Harrison, he had been suffering from Parkinson’s Disease but the cause of death was pneumonia. Reid was 82.
With the daily barrage of information competing for your donors’ attention, how does your fundraising campaign stand out and get noticed? Many nonprofit managers don’t realize that “brand” is one of the organization’s most valuable assets.
The Detroit Institute of Arts’ (DIA) collection was assessed at a fair market value of between $452 million and $866 million, with 11 works on display accounting for 75 percent of the total value range.
Tributes on the passing yesterday of Nelson Mandela are numerous. His impact on social justice worldwide will be felt for generations. Here are some of the tributes being released within the charitable sector through direct statements, website announcements, Twitter and other social media.
While the rollout of the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) healthcare marketplaces has been marred by technical glitches on the national website, nonprofit health insurance co-ops established by the law are experiencing modest success.
Current Print Edition
December 2, 2013Table Of Contents
See what you are missing in this issue…
In The News
Featured VideoView More Videos
- Learn About Our Salary and Benefits Reports
Accounting Software Special Report 2013
Presented by Serenic Software
- Check Out The NPT Blog For News And Tips!
- The 2011 Giving USA Report
- NPT's Power and Influence Top 50
- Subscribe to Free NPT E-Newsletters
- The NonProfit Times' 50 Best Nonprofits To Work For 2013
- The NPT 100 2013
- Subscribe to The NonProfit Times print or Digital editions
- 2012 Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations New York State Salary and Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Salary Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Benefits Report
- Purchase 2011 Back issues of Print Magazine
- Purchase 2010 Back issues of Print Magazine