Leadership and succession are serious concerns that many nonprofits have addressed for both the long and short terms. Many others, however, have not done so. Leadership succession is viewed as a large-scale problem in the nonprofit sector.
Don’t stymie your grant proposal efforts by underestimating or overestimating the difficulty of the process. Two misconceptions are common.
“Who can we blame for this?”
One of the big impacts of the recent presidential election is that, barring something unforeseen, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010 will remain the law in the land. With President Obama re-elected, the major parts of that law have come into effect this week.
AAMOF, BAU (As a matter of fact, business as usual) often involves dealing with a confusing array of acronyms. LOL!
Your donors live in a multichannel world, so you need to deliver to them a multichannel experience. Integrating your channels starts at the top, said Michael Johnston, founder of hjc in Toronto. “Integration is hard to grow from the bottom up,” he said. “It needs buy-in from senior leadership.”
There is one group of healthcare constituents that is more connected to the hospital than anyone else – patients. It makes sense to develop relationships and connect with patients. In return it will give them the opportunity to support your institution while paying tribute to their special caregivers.
It’s not just enough to get a lot of traffic to your website, it’s about the quality of traffic going there. And once people arrive, you have five seconds to get their attention. What’s even more important is how you get them engaged from that point.
A request for proposals (RFP) can seem like a routine or even pointless exercise, but a good RFP requires thought and it can yield good results.
Times are still tight for nonprofits, even as many economic indicators are improving. Many nonprofit leaders anticipate greater demand for services, yet are unsure their organizations will be able to meet this demand.
Current Print Edition
December 2, 2013Table Of Contents
See what you are missing in this issue…
In The News
Featured VideoView More Videos
- Learn About Our Salary and Benefits Reports
Accounting Software Special Report 2013
Presented by Serenic Software
- Check Out The NPT Blog For News And Tips!
- The 2011 Giving USA Report
- NPT's Power and Influence Top 50
- The NonProfit Times' 50 Best Nonprofits To Work For 2013
- The NPT 100 2013
- Subscribe to The NonProfit Times print or Digital editions
- 2012 Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations New York State Salary and Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Salary Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Benefits Report
- Purchase 2011 Back issues of Print Magazine
- Purchase 2012 Back issues of Print Magazine