Oh the games people play.
As the prospective donor pool comes more and more from people who did not just grow up on computers but also expect the sleekest look and easiest access, it is important for nonprofit organizations to pay attention to the design of their Websites.
Many fundraisers have their head in the cloud these days, a trend that appears to be continuing. As with any new development, utilizing the cloud can involve changes: it’s something new, meaning that old procedures might require tweaking or might not work at all.
An important part of success with a nonprofit’s website is having a clear understanding of just what is going on with the site: what it is meant to accomplish, how it looks, what it offers and the technology behind it.
Leading nonprofits are engaging clients or beneficiaries or residents — their constituents — to deliver services more effectively and have more impact on the social concerns they are trying to address. Yet for many social sector organizations, particularly those not founded and led by the people the organization is trying to benefit, constituent engagement is a challenge.
A magnifying glass makes what is being viewed look larger than it is, and it can concentrate sunlight so intensely that it starts to burn the item.
The idea of recognizing the important work done by volunteers is hardly a new one. In addition to boosting their morale, it gives officers of an organization a chance to do something a little different when it comes to making a difference.
Leadership and succession are serious concerns that many nonprofits have addressed for both the long and short terms. Many others, however, have not done so. Leadership succession is viewed as a large-scale problem in the nonprofit sector.
Don’t stymie your grant proposal efforts by underestimating or overestimating the difficulty of the process. Two misconceptions are common.
“Who can we blame for this?”
Current Print Edition
December 2, 2013Table Of Contents
See what you are missing in this issue…
In The News
Featured VideoView More Videos
- Learn About Our Salary and Benefits Reports
Accounting Software Special Report 2013
Presented by Serenic Software
- Check Out The NPT Blog For News And Tips!
- The 2011 Giving USA Report
- NPT's Power and Influence Top 50
- Subscribe to Free NPT E-Newsletters
- The NonProfit Times' 50 Best Nonprofits To Work For 2013
- The NPT 100 2013
- Subscribe to The NonProfit Times print or Digital editions
- 2012 Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations New York State Salary and Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Salary Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Benefits Report
- Purchase 2011 Back issues of Print Magazine
- Purchase 2010 Back issues of Print Magazine