There are friends with benefits, sure enough, but there are also benefits to having friends, and friends of friends, and so on.
Peer pressure can be a good thing, when it comes to teen volunteers. The number one revealed motivation for volunteering among high school and college students was that their friends were doing it, according to New York City nonprofit DoSomething.org’s data scientist Bob Filbin.
As technology progresses there will be major implications that nonprofits will end up facing. One issue is company data being stored on devices that the company does not own nor can completely control.
Nothing can sink an otherwise solid grant proposal than a careless typo or content that doesn’t meet the funder’s requirements. Whether you are writing a one-page letter of inquiry or a five-page foundation proposal, you must edit your work before submitting it to the funder.
The common purpose for every nonprofit board, no matter the goal of the organization, is to build and maintain a successful enterprise. The goal is met by board members adhering to a set of operational duties and responsibilities.
Risk is a fact of life. Being aware of risk, which could be general or specific to an organization, is important, according to Melanie Lockwood Herman, executive director of the Nonprofit Risk Management Center in Leesburg, Va. She recommends forming a risk management committee.
You probably have a lot of ideas for projects that could help your organization’s mission. You probably want to act on all of these thoughts, but doing so without proper planning could lead to disastrous results.
There’s nothing like efficient internal processes to keep any fundraising department – big or small – humming like a well-oiled machine.
Every good special event begins with a timeline. This will list all the things you need to accomplish leading up to event day. Once you reach that date, there’s no turning back from the fact that it’s time to have the event. But, are you ready for it?
Social media can help your nonprofit learn more about its audience, according to Jasmine Hoffman.
- DJIA 15303.10 +8.60 0.06%
- S&P 1649.60 -0.91 -0.06%
- Nasdaq 3459.14 -0.28 -0.01%
Current Print Edition
May 15, 2013Table Of Contents
Vol 27 No. 7
In The News
Participate in the 2013 Salary and Benefits Survey
- Learn About Our Salary and Benefits Reports
Accounting Software Special Report 2013
Presented by Serenic Software
- Check Out The NPT Blog For News And Tips!
- The 2011 Giving USA Report
- NPT's Power and Influence Top 50
- Subscribe to Free NPT E-Newsletters
- The NonProfit Times' 50 BEST NONPROFITS TO WORK FOR 2013
- The NPT 100 2012
- NPT's Top 100 Nonprofits Report
- Subscribe to The NonProfit Times print or Digital editions
- 2012 Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations New York State Salary and Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Salary Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Benefits Report
- Purchase 2011 Back issues of Print Magazine
- Purchase 2010 Back issues of Print Magazine