The national Do Not Call Registry has been a boon for individuals who are bombarded by unwanted calls from telemarketers. While it does offer consumer protection, it should be noted that there are some important exceptions, including nonprofits.
There are many steps a nonprofit will take before undertaking a merger with another nonprofit. One of these steps is finding out what the organizational culture is like at your potential partner.
Throwing together the budget section of a grant proposal at the last minute causes problems and, unfortunately, happens all too often. Some grantseekers agonize over the narrative, but treat the budget as “just another attachment” that won’t get much scrutiny. Others shy away from numbers, avoiding the dreaded budget section until the deadline is upon them.
Paid work staff might be what drives the work of many nonprofits, but volunteers are still a key part of an organization’s ability to function.
Oh the games people play.
As the prospective donor pool comes more and more from people who did not just grow up on computers but also expect the sleekest look and easiest access, it is important for nonprofit organizations to pay attention to the design of their Websites.
Many fundraisers have their head in the cloud these days, a trend that appears to be continuing. As with any new development, utilizing the cloud can involve changes: it’s something new, meaning that old procedures might require tweaking or might not work at all.
An important part of success with a nonprofit’s website is having a clear understanding of just what is going on with the site: what it is meant to accomplish, how it looks, what it offers and the technology behind it.
Leading nonprofits are engaging clients or beneficiaries or residents — their constituents — to deliver services more effectively and have more impact on the social concerns they are trying to address. Yet for many social sector organizations, particularly those not founded and led by the people the organization is trying to benefit, constituent engagement is a challenge.
A magnifying glass makes what is being viewed look larger than it is, and it can concentrate sunlight so intensely that it starts to burn the item.
Current Print Edition
December 2, 2013Table Of Contents
See what you are missing in this issue…
In The News
Featured VideoView More Videos
- Learn About Our Salary and Benefits Reports
Accounting Software Special Report 2013
Presented by Serenic Software
- Check Out The NPT Blog For News And Tips!
- The 2011 Giving USA Report
- NPT's Power and Influence Top 50
- Subscribe to Free NPT E-Newsletters
- The NonProfit Times' 50 Best Nonprofits To Work For 2013
- The NPT 100 2013
- Subscribe to The NonProfit Times print or Digital editions
- 2012 Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations New York State Salary and Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Salary Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Benefits Report
- Purchase 2011 Back issues of Print Magazine
- Purchase 2010 Back issues of Print Magazine