Wouldn’t it be nice if every donor gave and kept on giving? Fact is, donors give but don’t keep on giving, meaning nonprofits have to work at keeping them happy and loyal.
Heart-tugging appeals are still surefire ways to get people to donate to a cause, but even the most high-minded mission can benefit from having an organizational Website that offers compelling content and a structure that is pleasing to the eye and comfortable to navigate.
If a nonprofit wants to offer retail goods as part of its fundraising, it is not just a case of finding some schlock and putting a price tag on it.
Nonprofit boards, more than any other part of the organization, are rife with opportunities for disagreement. Whether it’s an argument regarding one of the candidates for CEO, new initiatives, or finances, it’s not an unusual site to see board member squabbling.
Managers face a constant battle of fulfilling mission, fundraising and dealing with the day-to-day problems that can beset any human endeavor.
The word “enabler” is often used negatively, a way of describing someone who aids and abets harmful or self-destructive conduct.
You don’t have to dive in. It’s usually good to test the waters before making a splash. The same philosophy applies to your marketing messages. As delivery methods can vary among brochures, websites, direct mail, email and now social media, one of the most important aspects of ensuring resonance of your message is to test it first.
Congratulations, you were awarded the grant. All those months of cultivating the foundation or corporation paid off. You’ve read the agreement letter, signed the contract, and noted the report deadlines on your grants calendar.
Donations of any size are welcome, but receiving a donation from what is called a Society Donor, those who make big donations, can be especially helpful in the fundraising enterprise.
Don’t stymie your grant proposal efforts by underestimating or overestimating the difficulty of the process. Two misconceptions are common.
Current Print Edition
December 2, 2013Table Of Contents
See what you are missing in this issue…
In The News
Featured VideoView More Videos
- Learn About Our Salary and Benefits Reports
Accounting Software Special Report 2013
Presented by Serenic Software
- Check Out The NPT Blog For News And Tips!
- The 2011 Giving USA Report
- NPT's Power and Influence Top 50
- Subscribe to Free NPT E-Newsletters
- The NonProfit Times' 50 Best Nonprofits To Work For 2013
- The NPT 100 2013
- Subscribe to The NonProfit Times print or Digital editions
- 2012 Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations New York State Salary and Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Salary Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Benefits Report
- Purchase 2011 Back issues of Print Magazine
- Purchase 2010 Back issues of Print Magazine