Think about your organization from the perspective of a three-inch screen. Why? Because that’s all about all the space that your average smart phone can display.
Predictive models, which predict future behaviors based on past action, have proven to be very helpful in fundraising. They can isolate predictive response variables and be applied to large datasets, reduce interpretation subjectivity and identify opportunities for optimizing a universe.
Few nonprofit leaders would launch a capital campaign with no preparation, but many don’t know how to determine how ready they are to start one.
Just because you think you know what I said doesn’t mean I think you know what I meant when I said what I said compared to what you were thinking I was trying to say.
Even if nonprofit decision-makers don’t accept the idea that nonprofit employees are so idealistic that their pay must be lousy (although some might), politicians needing a cause and journalists needing a story accept it wholeheartedly, even enthusiastically.
Even with constant awareness, people will find ways to commit fraud, and in the nonprofit sector that can be lethal.
Managers like to have a free hand to do things the right way, but every organization needs some kind of structure or guiding principles. For most, that means some kind of governance.
Wouldn’t it be nice if every donor gave and kept on giving? Fact is, donors give but don’t keep on giving, meaning nonprofits have to work at keeping them happy and loyal.
Heart-tugging appeals are still surefire ways to get people to donate to a cause, but even the most high-minded mission can benefit from having an organizational Website that offers compelling content and a structure that is pleasing to the eye and comfortable to navigate.
If a nonprofit wants to offer retail goods as part of its fundraising, it is not just a case of finding some schlock and putting a price tag on it.
Current Print Edition
December 2, 2013Table Of Contents
See what you are missing in this issue…
In The News
Featured VideoView More Videos
- Learn About Our Salary and Benefits Reports
Accounting Software Special Report 2013
Presented by Serenic Software
- Check Out The NPT Blog For News And Tips!
- The 2011 Giving USA Report
- NPT's Power and Influence Top 50
- Subscribe to Free NPT E-Newsletters
- The NonProfit Times' 50 Best Nonprofits To Work For 2013
- The NPT 100 2013
- Subscribe to The NonProfit Times print or Digital editions
- 2012 Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations New York State Salary and Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Salary Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Benefits Report
- Purchase 2011 Back issues of Print Magazine
- Purchase 2010 Back issues of Print Magazine