How influential is your nonprofit? That’s a question to wish all nonprofit managers want to know the answer, and it turns out that it takes a little more work than simply Googling your organization’s name.
Dual-service technologies have the ability to propose security difficulties to the nonprofits that distribute them to their employees. Specific controls vary depending on the device and the mobile platform that it uses.
Despite the ever-changing economic environment, there has been an approximate 9 percent increase in giving among wealthy households. According to the latest issue of Advancing Philanthropy magazine, the wealthy are among some of the highest “givers” in the population.
Raising money once is tough. Raising money more than once can be tougher.
As most experienced grantmakers probably realize by now, there is a lot more to applying for grants than just filling out a form. It’s important that all organizations seeking funding understand the grantmaker’s expectations and priorities before seeking out an application.
Nonprofits are quite different from for-profit corporations but they still need to comply with corporate law.
How will you get to where you want to go if you don’t know where you are going? The answer to that somewhat confusing question is you can’t. That’s why all nonprofits need to have strong planning processes in place.
It goes without saying that board members have many responsibilities. To ensure that work gets done efficiently, many use committees to manage their work. These recommend actions to the board, but do not act on behalf of the board unless otherwise noticed.
So, you’ve hired someone for that opening. Great. You’re done, right? Wrong. There’s a lot that goes into motivating and managing your staff.
What defines a leader? You can ask a number of people and you’ll likely get the same answer: It’s someone who sets the organization’s tone and directs its focus.
- NonProfitTimes: RT @Relsci : Best #nonprofits to work for in 2013: http://t.co/l7auVgdvQI via @NonProfitTimes
- NonProfitTimes: @SeeYouOnTheCall @avectra Thanks for spreading the word on this.
- NonProfitTimes: @ALWConsulting Thanks!
- NonProfitTimes: What was your favorite article in the May 13 issue of NPT? http://t.co/LOHdrn6gni #nonprofit
- DJIA 15354.40 +121.18 0.80%
- S&P 1667.47 +17.00 1.03%
- Nasdaq 3498.97 +0.00 0.00%
Current Print Edition
May 15, 2013Table Of Contents
Vol 27 No. 7
In The News
- Learn About Our Salary and Benefits Reports
Accounting Software Special Report 2013
Presented by Serenic Software
- Check Out The NPT Blog For News And Tips!
- The 2011 Giving USA Report
- NPT's Power and Influence Top 50
- Subscribe to Free NPT E-Newsletters
- The NonProfit Times' 50 BEST NONPROFITS TO WORK FOR 2013
- The NPT 100 2012
- NPT's Top 100 Nonprofits Report
- Subscribe to The NonProfit Times print or Digital editions
- 2012 Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations New York State Salary and Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Salary Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Benefits Report
- Purchase 2011 Back issues of Print Magazine
- Purchase 2010 Back issues of Print Magazine