We all like good answers to our questions, and usually the good answers nonprofit managers want from donors are about how they will help the organization.
Naming a building or area or project after a major donor can serve not only to honor the donor for large-scale generosity but also to stand as an incentive for future benefactors.
No one knows for sure what the future holds, and this can be especially true for corporate giving. The economic meltdown caused a vast re-thinking in many corporate boardrooms.
The longer people live, the older they get. Once you have come to grips with that, it is good to realize that as people live longer (and therefore get older), they represent a growing segment of the population.
Journalists look for the facts, and your organization could give some to them. Your mission might make your organization an expert in a field – whether it’s an animal organization about pet care or a homeless shelter facing an influx due to the economy.
Even though fundraising can be helped by naming as a form of recognition, there have been cases of misunderstanding, hurt feelings and even demands for refunds.
There is a whole lot of money in what is known as “out there” and much of it is in the possession of your donors.
As anyone who has ever seen a fashion show knows, there are models, and then there are models.
Predictability that really is predictable would be a huge help to most nonprofit organizations, but knowing what’s around the next corner is an adventure almost any time.
Your parents taught you to say “Thank you” didn’t they?
Current Print Edition
December 2, 2013Table Of Contents
See what you are missing in this issue…
In The News
Featured VideoView More Videos
- Learn About Our Salary and Benefits Reports
Accounting Software Special Report 2013
Presented by Serenic Software
- Check Out The NPT Blog For News And Tips!
- The 2011 Giving USA Report
- NPT's Power and Influence Top 50
- Subscribe to Free NPT E-Newsletters
- The NonProfit Times' 50 Best Nonprofits To Work For 2013
- The NPT 100 2013
- Subscribe to The NonProfit Times print or Digital editions
- 2012 Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations New York State Salary and Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Salary Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Benefits Report
- Purchase 2011 Back issues of Print Magazine
- Purchase 2010 Back issues of Print Magazine