Does any of this sound familiar? Board members are negative and will scare new members away. Board members won’t do anything. Everyone is too busy. All the good ones are taken. We’re not well known. I’ve tried everything.
Leadership development concepts, similar to by-gone fads like pet rocks, come and go with time. Yet there is one that has consistently stood the test of time: The 70-20-10 method.
The healthcare program known as Obamacare is looming on the horizon and, despite its potential benefits for average Americans, it does pose concerns for employers.
Getting creative in fundraising can mean getting into trouble with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and state regulators.
If it’s true that people really get what they really want, then nonprofits get the audits they want. That can be great or terrible.
Most Americans would tell you, if asked, that one of the things they hate the most is getting a call from a telemarketer. This is even more irritating if they don’t even know how they got on the call list.
Assembling any committee can be a grueling experience, but much nonprofit work depends on small groups that are able to focus on one area or problem.
Just as nonprofits are learning the benefits of social media, people who use social media are learning more about the mission and even existence of various organizations. From that knowledge comes action. As people learn about causes or organizations they support them.
Being a leader is not just a case of sending people on ahead to see who sinks in the quicksand and then going around or stepping on their heads.
What word best describes the number of social problems in the world: colossal; incalculable; or, incomprehensible?
Current Print Edition
December 2, 2013Table Of Contents
See what you are missing in this issue…
In The News
Featured VideoView More Videos
- Learn About Our Salary and Benefits Reports
Accounting Software Special Report 2013
Presented by Serenic Software
- Check Out The NPT Blog For News And Tips!
- The 2011 Giving USA Report
- NPT's Power and Influence Top 50
- Subscribe to Free NPT E-Newsletters
- The NonProfit Times' 50 Best Nonprofits To Work For 2013
- The NPT 100 2013
- Subscribe to The NonProfit Times print or Digital editions
- 2012 Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations New York State Salary and Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Salary Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Benefits Report
- Purchase 2011 Back issues of Print Magazine
- Purchase 2010 Back issues of Print Magazine