5 Tips For Making Them Part Of The Team
August 29, 2016 The NonProfit Times
Turning your donors into fundraisers can be seamless with the encouragement, motivation, and technology.
During a session at the recent Bridge to Integrated Marketing Conference in National Harbor, Md., Caryn Stein, vice president of content and communications at Network for Good, Brandi Powell, director of development and community relations at Interfaith Works, and Mary Jo Bean, assistant director of development at Interfaith Works presented “The Secret to Turning Donors into Fundraisers.” Some of the secrets they revealed were:
* People want to give to people. Donors were three times more likely to give when asked by a friend or colleague. Donation dollars from peer-to-peer giving went up 70 percent from 2013 to 2014.
* Don’t wait for volunteers. Identify your most likely fundraisers, get their feedback, and offer a personal invitation to join your cause. By scripting the action you want them to take, you show how easy it can be and paint them a picture of the impact they’ll have.
* Give fundraisers the right tools. Easy setup, ability to embed personal stories, and easy donation check out make the process seamless.
* Remember that your campaign should evoke emotion and personal connection and tap into the power of social proof.
* Collect information on donors to expand your reach and establish further contact.