One of the more popular types of special events is the auction or raffle. Not only do they have the potential to bring in big money for the nonprofit, they are also very engaging and fun for the audience.
A lot of nonprofits collect data for data’s sake; very few use it to change the shape their programs or drive social change.
When racing to meet application deadlines, don’t get stalled by the attachments. “Grant applications typically require a number of standard organizational documents,” according to Barbara Floersch, director of The Grantsmanship Center in Los Angeles, Calif.
There are two types of recruiting techniques that nonprofits practice: General and focused. A general recruitment campaign is basically a call for any volunteer, no matter what skills they possess. While this has its uses, a focused campaign can be more effective.
A nonprofit board has two major functions: Supervising management and ensuring the organization’s goals are being met. The only way these two roles can be performed successfully is for the board to have an effective working relationship with the executive director.
There’s an old saying that the truth will set you free. If only it were that simple.
Rolling out a new piece of software or a new set of best practices takes some getting used to. That’s why properly training staff on how best to implement what’s new in your organization is essential to smooth day-to-day operations.
A merger takes a lot of work but, if done correctly, the deal can be a great asset to all organizations involved. The example of Literacy Connects is a perfect example of this.
The immediate and deferred gift annuity rates for 2012 will remain in force for 2013, according to the American Council on Gift Annuities (ACGA) in Smyrna, Ga. The rates that have been effective since January 1, 2012 will remain in effect until further notice.
Most nonprofit managers would love to find a technology funder to support relevant projects and programs. But if you’re seeking funders that specifically target technology projects, you might be missing out on opportunities, according to Idealware in Portland, Maine.
- NonProfitTimes: RT @Relsci : Best #nonprofits to work for in 2013: http://t.co/l7auVgdvQI via @NonProfitTimes
- NonProfitTimes: @SeeYouOnTheCall @avectra Thanks for spreading the word on this.
- NonProfitTimes: @ALWConsulting Thanks!
- NonProfitTimes: What was your favorite article in the May 13 issue of NPT? http://t.co/LOHdrn6gni #nonprofit
- DJIA 15354.40 +121.18 0.80%
- S&P 1667.47 +17.00 1.03%
- Nasdaq 3498.97 +0.00 0.00%
Current Print Edition
May 15, 2013Table Of Contents
Vol 27 No. 7
In The News
- Learn About Our Salary and Benefits Reports
Accounting Software Special Report 2013
Presented by Serenic Software
- Check Out The NPT Blog For News And Tips!
- The 2011 Giving USA Report
- NPT's Power and Influence Top 50
- Subscribe to Free NPT E-Newsletters
- The NonProfit Times' 50 BEST NONPROFITS TO WORK FOR 2013
- The NPT 100 2012
- NPT's Top 100 Nonprofits Report
- Subscribe to The NonProfit Times print or Digital editions
- 2012 Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations New York State Salary and Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Salary Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Benefits Report
- Purchase 2011 Back issues of Print Magazine
- Purchase 2010 Back issues of Print Magazine