One manager will react differently from another when presented the same problem, such as public relations disasters. There might be differences, but when it comes to a public relations headache, a response is necessary, if involuntary.
Organizations devote attention to drawing and keeping the best talent, but many fall flat when it comes to managing employees in such a way as to get the very best out of them, and thus get the very best out of the organization.
That good ol’ Form 990 just seems to get more baffling each year, and nonprofit executives have all they can do just to keep up with the changes, which are usually one step ahead of them.
What makes a successful partnership in corporate philanthropy, from the company’s perspective? The most common element of a successful partnership — cited by 77 percent of firms in a recent survey — was that an organization’s mission is aligned with the company’s philanthropic focus.
Nonprofits are well aware of the need for good accounting for their money, but they often overlook the importance of good accounting of assets other than cash.
It might seem to many who labor in the nonprofit trenches that too many decisions are made with money rather than mission, or employees, or anything else, in mind.
Myths go back as far as humans communicating with each other. They might be fictional, but they offer some kind of truth about the society that embraces them.
When you’re raising funds from individual donors, the need for strong social and professional connections is a given. But when you’re going after foundation and corporation dollars, do connections matter?
Unless your nonprofit is one of the rare ones that has a board of directors that actually enjoys raising money, it’s likely you have to do a little bit of prodding to get your board members to do it.
According to an email survey conducted by eROI.com, 37 percent of marketers admitted they do not test their campaigns before launching them, which can lead to vulnerabilities in the effectiveness of the results. One of the most important aspects of ensuring resonance of your message is to test it.
Current Print Edition
December 2, 2013Table Of Contents
See what you are missing in this issue…
In The News
Featured VideoView More Videos
- Learn About Our Salary and Benefits Reports
Accounting Software Special Report 2013
Presented by Serenic Software
- Check Out The NPT Blog For News And Tips!
- The 2011 Giving USA Report
- NPT's Power and Influence Top 50
- Subscribe to Free NPT E-Newsletters
- The NonProfit Times' 50 Best Nonprofits To Work For 2013
- The NPT 100 2013
- Subscribe to The NonProfit Times print or Digital editions
- 2012 Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations New York State Salary and Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Salary Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Benefits Report
- Purchase 2011 Back issues of Print Magazine
- Purchase 2010 Back issues of Print Magazine