The Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) of the Berks County Community Foundation is seeking grant applications from organizations that have programs that address issues associated with peer pressure, bullying, body image, and promoting self-worth, self-confidence and all-around personal excellence. A total of $16,000 in grant money is available.
Now in its second year, the Power of the Purse Fund was created by the Berks County Community Foundation to break the cycle of poverty by empowering girls/women who want to re-enter the workplace. The Fund will distribute up to $20,000 to programs that will help to accomplish this goal. If your organization is making a difference in the lives of women and girls in Berks County by helping them discover or navigate their way to gainful employment, and ultimately, self-sufficiency, you are encouraged to submit an application for a grant.
The Melba Bayers Meyer Charitable Trust seeks to support organizations supporting religious, charitable, scientific, literary, or educational purposes, or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals. A special emphasis is placed on programs that support the needs of children, indigent Native Americans, and neglected animals.
The Myra Fox Skelton Foundation seeks to fund organizations in Natrona County, Wyoming that operate in the areas of education, health, religion, or youth. The Foundation distributes 12 grants per year that have an average size ranging from $2,000 to $10,000. In total, $200,000 in grant funds are given out each year to eligible charities.
The Albert E. and Myrtle Gunn York Trust seeks to support organizations primarily in Victoria, Texas. Grants are made for religious purposes, higher education, fine arts, performing arts, assistance to the elderly, and assistance in the intellectual and physical development of young boys and girls. The Trust distributes 20 grants per year that have an average size of $1,000 to $7,500. In total, $90,000 in grant funds are given out each year to eligible charities.
The Woodworth Family Foundation seeks to support organizations that work in the following areas:
Current Print Edition
December 2, 2013Table Of Contents
See what you are missing in this issue…
In The News
Featured VideoView More Videos
- Learn About Our Salary and Benefits Reports
Accounting Software Special Report 2013
Presented by Serenic Software
- Check Out The NPT Blog For News And Tips!
- The 2011 Giving USA Report
- NPT's Power and Influence Top 50
- Subscribe to Free NPT E-Newsletters
- The NonProfit Times' 50 Best Nonprofits To Work For 2013
- The NPT 100 2013
- Subscribe to The NonProfit Times print or Digital editions
- 2012 Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations New York State Salary and Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Salary Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Benefits Report
- Purchase 2011 Back issues of Print Magazine
- Purchase 2010 Back issues of Print Magazine