Now in its second year, the Power of the Purse Fund was created by the Berks County Community Foundation to break the cycle of poverty by empowering girls/women who want to re-enter the workplace. The Fund will distribute up to $20,000 to programs that will help to accomplish this goal. If your organization is making a difference in the lives of women and girls in Berks County by helping them discover or navigate their way to gainful employment, and ultimately, self-sufficiency, you are encouraged to submit an application for a grant.
The Joyce Foundation supports the development of policies that both improve the quality of life for people in the Great Lakes region and serve as models for the rest of the country. It works to improve workforce development and education systems to help underprepared adults learn important skills, earn credentials and pursue jobs in their communities.
The Foundation supports programs that meet the basic needs of individuals, families, and communities. These include programs in the areas of homeless services, economic assistance, food security, and health.
Current Print Edition
December 2, 2013Table Of Contents
See what you are missing in this issue…
In The News
Featured VideoView More Videos
- Learn About Our Salary and Benefits Reports
Accounting Software Special Report 2013
Presented by Serenic Software
- Check Out The NPT Blog For News And Tips!
- The 2011 Giving USA Report
- NPT's Power and Influence Top 50
- The NonProfit Times' 50 Best Nonprofits To Work For 2013
- The NPT 100 2013
- Subscribe to The NonProfit Times print or Digital editions
- 2012 Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations New York State Salary and Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Salary Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Benefits Report
- Purchase 2011 Back issues of Print Magazine
- Purchase 2012 Back issues of Print Magazine