The Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) of the Berks County Community Foundation is seeking grant applications from organizations that have programs that address issues associated with peer pressure, bullying, body image, and promoting self-worth, self-confidence and all-around personal excellence. A total of $16,000 in grant money is available.
Now in its second year, the Power of the Purse Fund was created by the Berks County Community Foundation to break the cycle of poverty by empowering girls/women who want to re-enter the workplace. The Fund will distribute up to $20,000 to programs that will help to accomplish this goal. If your organization is making a difference in the lives of women and girls in Berks County by helping them discover or navigate their way to gainful employment, and ultimately, self-sufficiency, you are encouraged to submit an application for a grant.
The Tufts Health Plan Foundation’s Healthy Aging Grants Program seeks to fund programs that help older adults live healthier lives. The Program is divided into three categories: Health & Wellness, Purposeful Engagement, and Empowerment. The Empowerment category is designed to provide access to information so that older adults can learn about programs and services in their communities. The foundation also funds transportation programs that empower older adults to be more active in their communities, thereby decreasing social isolation.
The Robert C. White Trust seeks to fund organizations that encourage rowing at the pre-collegiate level on the Schuykill River or in the Philadelphia area in Pennsylvania. The Trust distributes 13 grants per year that have an average size of $2,000. In total, $26,000 in grant funds are distributed each year.
The Mary Allen Lindsey Branan Foundation seeks to support organizations that promote the relief of suffering and other charitable purposes — for example, for the victims of floods and disasters, or for the care of the sick, feeble, helpless, and orphans.
The PNC Foundation distributes grants to organizations that support economic development in communities. Economic development organizations, including those which enhance the quality of life through neighborhood revitalization, cultural enrichment and human services are given support. Priority is given to community development initiatives that strategically promote the growth of targeted low-and moderate-income communities and/or provide services to these communities.
Current Print Edition
December 2, 2013Table Of Contents
See what you are missing in this issue…
In The News
Featured VideoView More Videos
- Learn About Our Salary and Benefits Reports
Accounting Software Special Report 2013
Presented by Serenic Software
- Check Out The NPT Blog For News And Tips!
- The 2011 Giving USA Report
- NPT's Power and Influence Top 50
- Subscribe to Free NPT E-Newsletters
- The NonProfit Times' 50 Best Nonprofits To Work For 2013
- The NPT 100 2013
- Subscribe to The NonProfit Times print or Digital editions
- 2012 Nonprofit Salary & Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations New York State Salary and Benefits Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Salary Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Top Executive Positions Salary and Special Perks Report
- 2012 Nonprofit Organizations Benefits Report
- Purchase 2011 Back issues of Print Magazine
- Purchase 2010 Back issues of Print Magazine