The Plum Creek Foundation seeks to provide funding for for organizations that promote environmental stewardship and awareness as well as those that teach environmental education. Grants are awarded to nonprofits that work in Plum Creek’s operating area. You can see a full list of states that qualify at http://www.plumcreek.com/Portals/0/downloads/applications/PC%20ownership%20counties.pdf
Other than being in one of the states Plum Creek operates in, organizations must be either a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization as determined by the Internal Revenue Service or a public entity such as a city, school, or fire department. Contributions for the following types of groups and uses will generally not be considered:
- Salaries, stipends and other forms of compensation.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes.
- War veterans and fraternal service organizations.
- United Ways and operating expense requests from United Way-funded organizations.
- National health organizations and programs, including local chapters.
- Endowments or scholarships.
- Grants or loans to individuals.
- Fundraising events, i.e., tickets, dinners, telethons.
- Corporate memberships or contributions to Chambers of Commerce, taxpayer associations, and other organizations whose activities are expected to directly benefit Plum Creek.
- Political organizations, campaigns, and candidates.
- Donations of land.
Applications considered once each quarter starting Jan. 31