Healthier Philadelphia Grants
June 2, 2014 The NonProfit Times
GSK and the Philadelphia Foundation are seeking applications for its Healthier Philadelphia grant program, which will award $5 million over three years to multiple nonprofit organizations in the Philadelphia area in an effort to help disadvantaged youth live healthier lives and contribute to a healthier community. The grant is designed to encourage collaboration among non-profit organizations and youth leaders in Philadelphia to address some of Philadelphia’s most pressing community health challenges.Agency(s):
GSK and the Philadelphia FoundationClosing Date(s):
June 24, 2014Roll Off Date:
20140624More Info URL:
Eligible organizations must be a 501(c)(3) organization operation. Other than this, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Each applicant listed in the application must demonstrate through financial documents, preferably the most recent audited financials, that the requested GSK grant amount does not exceed 25 percent of annual total operating expenses and that no more than 25 percent of its annual total operating expenses are designated for patient advocacy.
- Each applicant listed in the application must not be a GSK customer or affiliate of customer organizations/ institutions, such as academic medical centers, foundations of customer organizations, clinics, hospitals, payers, wholesalers, and retailers.
- The collective must include a minimum of five Community Health Partners operating in Philadelphia, and at least one of which must be an already-established, evidence-informed diet or exercise program that is helping disadvantaged youth live healthier lives.
- The collective must include an Evaluation Partner that has a history of developmental evaluation, preferably in Greater Philadelphia (this is the Evaluation Partner).
- The proposed work of the Collective must meet IMPACT criteria: Innovative, Measured, Partnered, Accountable, Community-centered, and Transformative.