Best Buy Foundation Grants
August 28, 2014 The NonProfit Times [post_view] 0
The Best Buy Foundation is seeking proposals for its annual grant program. Specifically, the Foundation is looking to fund nonprofits that work to build skill proficiency in technology through out-of-school programs. If selected for the grant (which is worth up to $200,000), the nonprofit will have the following responsibilities:
- Working with schools and other community-based organizations to build awareness of the program to drive teen participation.
- Ensuring access to youth from underserved communities.
- Enabling participation of Best Buy employees to serve as volunteers.
- Supporting teen outreach, learning & curriculum development (in area of expertise) for Best Buy’s signature programs – Geek Squad Academy and Teen Tech Centers (if appropriate).
- Developing financial and community support to help sustain the program beyond the grant funding from Best Buy.
- Submitting reports (mid-year and annual) on program components such as progress to-date on recruitment, program activities, desired outcomes, challenges, successes, and participant survey results.
Best Buy FoundationClosing Date(s):
November 1, 2014Roll Off Date:
20141101More Info URL:
Eligible organizations must be a 501(c)(3) organization operating at least 25 miles of a Best Buy store or other Best Buy center of operations.