Best Buy Foundation Grants
August 28, 2014 The NonProfit Times
The Best Buy Foundation is seeking proposals for its annual grant program. Specifically, the Foundation is looking to fund nonprofits that work to build skill proficiency in technology through out-of-school programs. If selected for the grant (which is worth up to $200,000), the nonprofit will have the following responsibilities:
- Working with schools and other community-based organizations to build awareness of the program to drive teen participation.
- Ensuring access to youth from underserved communities.
- Enabling participation of Best Buy employees to serve as volunteers.
- Supporting teen outreach, learning & curriculum development (in area of expertise) for Best Buy’s signature programs – Geek Squad Academy and Teen Tech Centers (if appropriate).
- Developing financial and community support to help sustain the program beyond the grant funding from Best Buy.
- Submitting reports (mid-year and annual) on program components such as progress to-date on recruitment, program activities, desired outcomes, challenges, successes, and participant survey results.
Best Buy FoundationClosing Date(s):
November 1, 2014Roll Off Date:
20141101More Info URL:
Eligible organizations must be a 501(c)(3) organization operating at least 25 miles of a Best Buy store or other Best Buy center of operations.