There are no more active grants from this agency.
The Weingart Foundation seeks to support organizations that operate in the areas of health, human services, or education. The Foundation gives highest priority to activities that provide greater access to people who are economically disadvantaged and underserved. Of particular interest to the Foundation are applications that specifically address the needs of low-income children and youth, older adults, and people affected by disabilities and homelessness.
The Foundation generally supports organizations that have 501(c)(3) status as defined by the Internal Revenue Code. Support will not be given to private foundations as defined by section 509(a) of the IRC. Grants will also not be made to the following types of organizations/projects:
- To organizations that discriminate against certain groups or individuals in the delivery of programs and services on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation or disability.
- For propagandizing, influencing legislation and/or elections, promoting voter registration; for political candidates, political campaigns; for litigation.
- For social or political issues outside the United States of America.
- To individuals.
- For conferences, workshops, temporary exhibits, travel, surveys, films or publishing activities.
- For endowment funds.
- For deficits or debt reduction.
- For fundraising dinners or events.
- For research.
Applications Accepted Year-Round