Budget Checkup: Critical Components to the Nonprofit Budget Review Process
November 13, 2017 THE NONPROFIT TIMES
The annual budget is a vital management tool for any nonprofit. Working together, the nonprofit’s staff and board members will use the budgeting process to intelligently establish priorities and allot resources for the coming year. But that’s only the beginning of the budget’s lifecycle.
- Your budget needs to be continuously monitored, assessed, and revised throughout the year to keep your organization running smoothly. Our guide, Nonprofit Budget Checkup, covers exactly what your nonprofit finance team needs to keep your budget up-to-date and you focused on your mission. Inside you’ll find:
- Critical components of a nonprofit budget
- Budget review best practices
- Routine assessments and screenings
- Budgetary milestones at six months and year’s end